Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Isn't it always the case that you always get sick when you can least afford to rest? I'm almost better now, but this past week has to have been one of the most difficult this year. On top of the interviews below (and the 8 sketches for a project which many of you will soon be victims of me begging feedback for), I also finished this project as an homage to Carlos Lerms I chose him because he responded fastest, and also, he's so good at all the things I'm especially bad at. Here is the result of that.

The second is a technique test. My theme was Vacations! Done in photoshop, start to finish because it would've been impossible for me to have learned Illustrator to the level I would have needed that quickly. I think the hardest part was trying to wrap my head around his use of color. His pallet is actually limited, but not nearly as much so as mine (which I do out of comfort, rather than any foresight), so it was a baffling challenge. It was like a rubik's cube with a gradient of colors. (Oh, and it was fun too. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment