Sunday, May 1, 2011


Here is the redo of a piece I did earlier in the semseter. I disliked it so much that no one even knew I did it. But actually I really did like the project, which was to illustrate an event for the New York Time's On the Horizon section. I love horizontal pieces!

This piece is actually about an event called The Small Beast, which was ending due to the founder relocating. A bunch of bands played as a goodbye celebration in the Angel Orensanz and called it The Big Small Beast, including Botanica, whose lead singer was the aforementioned founder.

Also a cover I did for One Hundred Years of Solitude. (Having to condense this book into a single illustration was baffling.) I did an ink wash, and then colored it in photoshop, which was an interesting test.

No comments:

Post a Comment