Monday, December 5, 2011

The Nature of Transience


Finally, to conclude last week's projects, this was my creative final for History of Buddhism. The video quality is quite bad at the moment, but there are a lot of edits I need to make once I can catch my breath. It was a bit of a rush job after the drawing part. It was done entirely in chalk (which I must say, actually went a lot better than charcoal.)
The quote is from Shunryu Suzuki, a zen budhist, and author of Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind (great book.) There are a lot of other refferences from mainly Thich Naht Hanh in here as well though, and mostly from the The Heart of Understanding, which was actually my favorite reading. The one I chose was just the best summary of what I was working around.

If there was one sentiment I took from the readings, that I wish I could convey to those I care about, it would be this.

No comments:

Post a Comment