Monday, March 5, 2012


A superhero redesign assignment, with Nightwing as my character. Still needs a bit of reworking in the final (top), mainly in the character, and some messing around with lighting. The 30 minutes I spent on the background were disturbingly gleeful. I've hardly gotten any chances to do cityscapes recently.
So, this is sort of a reverse process of how I work, excluding all the sketches it took to get to the rotation, and the research parts. In terms of concept I went through a lot of back and forth with how superhero-y to make the costume, but wound up leaning towards more of a casual, diy vigilante look. Also because his current look is very minimalistic, and his older ones were fairly garish. A lot of owl references went into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment